- You must acquire a Platte Canyon Fire Protection Burn Permit. Burn Permits are issued free of charge and only need to be obtained once in a life time of a residency. They must be picked up in person at Station 2 during business hours. See address below.
- No burning outdoors of any kind is allowed during a County Burn Ban. For specific, up-to-date information regarding Burn Bans please call (719) 836-4160.
- Recreational Campfires are restricted to 2’ x 2’ x 2’ and can be used at any time of the year unless there is a Burn Ban.
- Recreation Campfires must be on cleared ground and enclosed with rocks or a metal ring.
- Metal Barbeques, either gas or charcoal, chimineas, and smokers are exempt from requiring a Burn Permit.
- Controlled Open Burning of slash, vegetation, pine needles and clean lumber can take place only when there is a minimum of 2” (2 inches) of snow on the ground.
- Controlled Open Burning are restricted to 3’ x 3’ x 3’.
- THE BURNING OF TRASH / GARBAGE IS NEVER ALLOWED!
- You must call the Park County Dispatch Office at (719) 836-4121, ext. 5, each day BEFORE beginning to burn. You will be asked for your Burn Permit number and time the burn is to begin and end.
- The burn site must be cleared of all combustible material to mineral soil and located at least 50 feet away from any structure or combustible material such as trees, shrubs, woodpiles, etc.
- An adequate water supply and / or fire extinguisher and other fire fighting tools must be readily available to extinguish your fire at all times during the burn.
- The burn must be attended by a competent person at all times.
- You will be held liable for the cost of suppression and damages caused by any wildfire that starts through negligence on your part.
Please help keep our community safe from wildfires!
Click here to see a sample Platte Canyon Fire Protection District Burn Permit. You may not use this sample as a permit; a permit must be obtained in person from the address below.
PLATTE CANYON FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
153 DELWOOD DRIVE
P.O. BOX 222
BAILEY, COLORADO 80421